Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day- Green Style

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  It is my first holiday or celebration while living the new lifestyle.  Traditionally, by 9 in the morning, I would already be in a euphoric chocolate coma with cupcakes and goodies to come.  I have been wondering for weeks what I would get for a gift today, since the norms just won't do right now.  I mean even dinner out for a salad, wasn't going to cut it.  I was even trying to figure something out for my Valentine, because she is eating vegetarian too.  I ended up going with Roses and a heartfelt card.  Anyone who knows me knows that I love to get and give creative gifts.  So the flowers and card were less than dramatic.  I know my wife understands and knows that it was from the heart.  She, however was very thoughtful.  What do you get a guy who is not eating anything?  Brilliant!  I got new workout clothes!  I couldn't have picked out a better present.  Romantic?  Probably not to most people.  But, to me, it says "I was thinking about you and your passion right now."  That makes this year one of the most romantic gifts ever.  I am looking forward to using the new workout gear this evening on my walk.   As for dinner out?  We'll have to skip that this year, but I look at it this way.....We will have many more years, now that we are getting healthier.  Those added years mean more dinners out, and better yet, more years together, just us after the kids are raised and gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment